The Board of Education is the governing body of the Catskill Central School District. The nine-members of the Board volunteer their services without pay for three-year terms. Members are elected at-large by school district voters at the annual election held by New York State law on the third Tuesday of May. The Board President and Vice President are elected by the members of the Board at the first Board meeting of the fiscal year in July.
Current members of the Board (and their term expiration dates as of June 30 of the indicated year) for the 2012-2013 school year are:
President-Michael Bulich term expires June 2013
Michael Maloney term expires
Tracy Darling term expires June 2015
William Fiske term expires June 2014
Courtney Parish expire June 2015
Tracy Powell term expires June 2013
Lisa Warner expire June 2015
The Board of Education is responsible to act in the public interest to:
- Set a vision for the district;
- Establish goals for continuous improvement in academic performance and district governance;
- Evaluate district program effectiveness in meeting goals;
- Hire and evaluate the performance of an effective Superintendent of Schools and work as a team with him/her to provide educational leadership;
- Prepare and approve the annual budget that most effectively meets educational needs with the available resources and present to the voters for their approval;
- Establish policies to provide rules for the governance of the district; and
- Communicate the needs and performance of district programs with the community and address the community's needs and concerns regarding the functioning of the school district.
The Board of Education is responsible for establishing all policies for the District. These policies function as the "laws" of the District and are administered by the Superintendent of Schools.
Please direct any comments or questions regarding policies to the Superintendent of Schools to the attention of Board Clerk, at 518-943-4696 or 343 W. Main St., Catskill, NY 12414
The voters of the District have approved a system of walk-in voter registration from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Monday through Friday on days when the District Offices are open, at the District Clerk’s Office, 343 West Main Street, Catskill, NY.
Leadership Greene Meet the Candidates Night
Date: Monday, May 6th
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: High School Library.
We will be live streaming the event and posting it to the website for later viewing.
Board Candidates Biographies2013
Be a Board Member 2013
Click link below to watch:
Catskill CSD Events -Streaming Live!